I was born and raised in Switzerland and lived in La Tour-de-Peilz in the early 90’s where I became acquainted with and have been a member of All Saints since 1990. I have been involved in missions, mostly in West Africa since 1997, with Mercy Ships (www.mercyships.org) where I served as a dental assistant and later as the dental coordinator on board the M/V Anastasis. I left the ship in June 2006.
Since August 2007, I have been working with le Rucher Mercy Ministries (www.lerucher.org). This Christian Center, situated in France, twenty minutes from Geneva, focuses on three main areas all inter-related.
- The Member Care services provide both routine debriefing and crisis debriefing for individuals, families or teams, brief counselling, and training courses.
- The Ethnic Reconciliation work includes running Healing & Reconciliation Workshops in war torn countries and in nations with a history of ethnic division. We also have an office in Kigali, Rwanda, serving the Great Lakes Region of Central Africa (Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Congo).
- The Community Development ministry involves training, consulting and finding resources for projects in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
Over the last eleven years I have been in missions, All Saints has been faithfully supporting me both through their prayers and finances as their missionary partner. Everyone working at Le Rucher Mercy Ministries has to raise their own personal support and doesn’t receive a salary. I am deeply greatful for the church’s ongoing commitment and for their renewed friendship everytime I visit.
My prayer needs
- Continuous growth and intimacy in my relationship with God
- Strong unity among our team, we are about eleven people at the center.
- Wisdom and grace in accompanying the missionaries during their debriefing
- Pray for renewed strengths. The debriefings are very intense and we need the capacity to release the missionaries into the hands of God at the end of their week so we can rest and recuperate over the week-end in order to get ready for the next ones coming on Mondays.
- Capacity to study both in the area of debriefing and counselling.
- I praise God for the privilege of serving those who are or have served on the mission field
- I praise God that out of my own missionary experience, I can better understand and empathize with those who come for debriefing.